Clean Paws Mobile Grooming & Pet Services - We Bring the Salon to YOU!
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Born 2 Run T-Shirt Campaign
Help Proud Mary Retire
Tweet Treats
St. Pup-Tricks Day Parade
Paw Talk

Most Popular Posts

The Healing Powers of Cat's Claw
Herbal Heart Worm Treatment
Welcome to Clean Paws Mobile Grooming!
Scruffy Dog's Story

Proud Mary
Rescue Groups
Scent of the Month
powered by

My Blog

Don't Buy....ADOPT!

I know the subject matter is going to be a little controversial, but I have to speak my mind!  I have been in the animal care profession technically since 2002, however, I have been an animal lover all of my life.  I have been around animals since I was knee high to a duck's tail.  My very best friend and protector was an American Foxhound mix named Pierre.

He was my buddy, my babysitter, my friend, and my snack catcher!  I can remember my Granny fussing at me about feeding the dog under the table.  I even remember my first groom on the both of us, I tried to style his hair and mine with vaseline, and my Granny snapped a picture of us sitting on the bathroom floor covered in it!  For me, it stirs fond memories of my very first pet, and I am thankful for my family setting the foundation that burns deep in my heart today, my love for animals.

I am stepping out on a limb with this, but I do feel that children should learn how to interact with animals.  Although, they should not be left unsupervised with them, but lets face it you put two kids together they are going to get into stuff no matter what you do!  I remember when my niece was a baby, she would sneak off with my two cats and the three of them would play in the toilet!  We still chuckle about that to this day!  Now that she is an adult and has a child of her own, her and her son love animals especially cats.  I don't know if I set the path for that event like it was set for me, or if it was something that was predetermined.  All I know is, that a responsible animal lover can pass the torch for future animal lovers if properly guided.

Recently, my dear friend was contacted about possibly fostering an animal that was being displaced for some reason.  Now she was a manager of a major pet supply store, she has had animals, fostered them, help re-homed them, trained and loved them for as long as I have known her.  She has taught her children, nieces, and nephews how to handle her pets gently and responsibly.  All of her animals are socialized and treated as part of her family unit.  Well the person looking to re-home the dog, did not know about her history she just took in account that my friend had a 2 year old, and decided that she was not suited to have a pet!  After this lady was informed about my friend's history, she decided to change her mind, but the window was then closed.

With so many animals being displaced it really baffles me how SOME adoption groups and rescues can be so pompous!  I have preached to people over and over again, please adopt, don't but buy because every day a dog or cat dies.  What I have heard, and now experienced is that so many of the groups make it hard for people that want to step up and participate.  Many customers have told me that there is so much red tape to adopt a pet that it's just easier to go and buy one.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose?  Every family is not the same.  Every child does not abuse or neglect animals, and just because someone has the "cookie cutter" look, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be good pet parents.  I realize that the point of the groups and rescues is to do what is in the best interest of the pet, however, discouraging families from adopting is NOT going to stop them from getting a pet if they really want one.  It doesn't stop there either, some of the groups are very uptight about who helps them as well.   I have personally offered to volunteer my time to help clean up animals for a better adoption appearance, only to be told that they didn't want my help!  Are you kidding me?  The stories keep coming, people want to volunteer time and they are given the run around, or stonewalled, but then you hear the cries for help.  What do you really want?   If the purpose is to help the animals, then please stop preventing the people that want to help you!  It is ridiculous!
There is a way to get anything and everything done, just be a little more flexible and meet people at their ability to help, and it probably won't be so overwhelming.

My Grandmother use to always tell me"Blessed are the flexible, for they can never be bent out of shape."

Till next time......Enjoy the sunshine!

18 Comments to Don't Buy....ADOPT!:

Comments RSS
Remedial Massage Course Brisbane on Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:03 PM
Nice information you have shared in this post.Thanks a lot for sharing..I will be waiting for next post..

anti aging skin care on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:54 AM
your post on adoption is so good to read and your view With so many animals being displaced it really baffles me how SOME adoption groups and rescues can be so pompous!is great . thanks for sharing here..

best foot cream on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 3:35 AM
All the living creature in the world has its own importance ,animal should be rescued as they are also important part of world,nice post on their adoption.

how eye laser surgery done on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:57 AM
Animals have their very own rights and we as humans.Although caring for your fellow human beings can be a quite rewarding profession selection, picking out an animal care course to be able to learn tips on how to look after animals may also have its own merits and rewards.Thanks for the post.

theme options page on Monday, August 12, 2013 1:38 AM
The information you shared through your post is functional. I admire your work. Wish you all the luck for all your blogging efforts. !!

fusible interlining fabric on Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:47 AM
Publish daily or weekly intranet updates under a heading designated for the change. One organization facing mass layoffs developed an intranet website titled, Straight Talk.

weightloss on Saturday, November 30, 2013 12:58 AM
Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info specially the last phase I handle such info much. I used to be looking for this particular info for a long time. Thanks and best of luck. !!

adres www on Sunday, August 03, 2014 8:32 AM
The cyberspace is rife with various kinds of simpler regarding high quality inner surface brands, and additionally certainly This takes place partially within the convection sector, and also in part in the process about radiation

car title loans on Sunday, June 21, 2015 10:32 AM
You can get secured individual obligation combining credits, just by setting a security against the credited sum. Both great and terrible credit holders can request these advances.

Cash Advance on Saturday, June 27, 2015 2:35 PM
Luckily, there is a simple, protected and secure arrangement. Purchasers in Lexington have found that a loan or a payday credit from PaydayLoansCashAdvance can offer assistance. Getting fast money to cover those crisis costs couldn't be simpler.

Check Cashing on Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:29 AM
Indeed, even the best of us can end up in a sticky money related circumstance. That is the reason PaydayLoansCashAdvance gives a straightforward, quick answer for shoppers in Eugene, Oregon as a payday advance.

Cash Advance on Sunday, June 28, 2015 11:03 AM
Nobody can bear to live over their methods for long. Auto title credits can give your family the cash required now without taking the family auto. Autos are essential instruments in today's general public. Setting out to work, shopping, school, and arrangements makes them essential.

Check Cashing San-diego on Friday, September 18, 2015 11:39 PM
Payday advances are a passing credit, when it is obliged the most...usually between paydays! Payday credits are an uncommon way to deal with oversee administer get some cash to hold you over to your next paycheck. The goal of payday advances is to animate you with stores to meet that unforseen key.

reflexology courses on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 1:56 AM
Wow my!!! You are only far too genuine being beneficial. How can you manage to generate as well as investigation in these kinds of fantastic factors? You might have encouraged me personally to function more difficult currently.

Stock Future Tips on Monday, April 04, 2016 5:18 AM
Here published daily and weekly updated news so i always see blogpost.

Indore Advisory Company on Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:08 AM
This a great post which includes informative and great content, thanks for sharing such a useful post.

car title loans chicago on Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:05 PM
Many individuals are depending increasingly on obligation solidification advances to relax their credit and money related inconveniences. There are numerous great and equipped overdue debts union and help firms which utilize gifted experts to encourage the risk combination.

MCX and NCDEX Market Tips on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:30 AM
I really think this blog is very interesting and very knowledgeable kindly post more and more such blog. people must read this blog.